11.16.2010

Liquid Helium II: The Superfluid

Professor Alfred Leitner walks you through and acquaints you with the many interesting properties of liquid helium. I can't resist to comment on the difference in quality of the content between this video and many 'science' videos on Discovery Channel...it's like a difference between watching a good quality movie, for example "Becket" (1964), versus not-so-good-quality movie, for example "Dude, Where is my car? (2000)". I hope Discovery channel takes a note of this video and draws appropriate conclusions hopefully resulting in less 'hype' and greater quality. Good videos are not only visually pleasing but also intellectually invigorating.
     

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy these black & white films! So much more substance. Anyway, I may use this particular footage for my montage project..

    ReplyDelete